Swan River Classic - OneForSeven Format
17 Jun 2022
Following the success of the inaugural event last year, the Swan River Classic will again be held as a OneForSeven. As a reminder, here is a breakdown:
- Players are drawn into groups of 8, and play one frame against each opponent – each frame is limited to 21 minutes, which gives a total of 147 minutes playing time
- The winner of the group is the player scoring most points across the 7 frames – frame wins are not relevant
- After any foul, the player has the option to place the cue ball anywhere on the table – Foul and a Miss does not apply
- No points are awarded for a foul – the only way to score points is by potting balls
- In the event of a tie, positions will be decided by the points scored in the frames between the tied players – if a further tie still applies, a re-spotted black play-off will be used
As a further twist, the draw will be completely random. That's right – no seedings! Just throw every name into a hat and see where they land.
Four groups of 8 players will be used, so the draw will be strictly limited to 32 on a first-come first-served basis. Top 4 players from each group on the Saturday will progress to the Sunday, with another random draw deciding two groups. Top 4 players from these groups will go through to the final group.
Prize money will be $800 to the winner, $600 to the runner up, $400 for 3rd & 4th, $200 to the remaining players in the final group. $100 will go to the bottom 4 players of each of the Sunday qualifying groups, making a total of $3800.
The tournament will be held on the weekend of 25-26 June, with entries closing at 6pm on Thursday 23 June. This is to allow the draw to be conducted live on our YouTube Channel at 7:30pm that night.
Dress code will be semi formal - Long sleeve predominately plain coloured shirts buttoned at the wrist, and dark colour dress shoes must be worn for all matches. No sports style shoes, sandals, or boots will be allowed.
Entry fees are $50 for non-scratch BSAWA members, and $100 for scratch players or interstate. Head to the Event Entries page to put your name down.